Welcome to the Laceby Parish Council’s website; we hope the information supplied within this site is both useful and informative. If you have any suggestions for what you would like to see on here, then please email the Clerk!
Laceby is a village on the outskirts of Grimsby, situated along the A46 on the edge of the beautiful wolds. Although the village has grown over the years, it has maintained its sense of community, and boasts a variety of shops and eateries, a library, community hubs and great spaces for sports and recreation. We have the beautiful St Margaret’s Church, a village Pre-School and a Primary School.
Laceby Parish Council exists as the third tier of Local Government within the Parish of Laceby.
It comprises up to a maximum of ten Councillors, who are elected every four years through an election process, usually conducted by the Borough Council. If there are insufficient prospective candidates in an election year, those who are and remain validly nominated are declared elected.
If a quorum exists the Parish Council may fill any vacancies by co-option onto the Parish Council; a co-opted member remains on the Council until the next election takes place.
Laceby Parish Council is responsible for:
- St. Francis Grove Play Area
- Churchyard maintenance
- The public clock in the Church Tower
- Laceby Cemetery
- A Nature area
- The Butt Lane Allotments
In order to provide these services Laceby Parish Council employs three staff (part time) using its Precept money:
- The Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer is responsible for the administration of the day to day running of the Parish Council; including the Allotments and the Cemetery; the maintenance of the website, meeting agendas and minutes, correspondence and all Financial Responsibilities including invoices, payments, budgeting and anything else that arises.
- The Groundsman is responsible for the upkeep/grounds maintenance of the Cemetery, the grass cutting and grounds maintenance around the St. Francis Grove Play Area and keeping the paths within the Allotments tidy.
- Litter Picker is responsible for keeping the village square area tidy and alternating routes around the village to ensure litter is removed as much as is possible throughout his contractual hours.
Whilst we have endeavoured to ensure that all information provided on this web site is accurate at the time of publication we are always pleased to receive comments regarding its contents or omissions.
We would like to thank all local residents and organisations for their contribution and photo’s that they have allowed us to use.